Saskatchewan Experience: Existing Work Permit Category

There are various possibilities to immigrate to Saskatchewan if you are a skilled worker with experience. One opportunity that provides a convenient path for deserving candidates to receive a permanent residence (PR) in the province is the SINP Skilled Worker with Existing Work Permit. If you have current employment with a Saskatchewan employer for at least 6 months and possess a valid work permit, you can apply for this sub-category under the Saskatchewan Experience category. The two most significant advantages of this sub-category are no minimum education is required and the language requirement is CLB 4.

Eligibility Requirements for SINP Skilled Worker With Existing Work Permit

Job Offer & Work Experience Requirements

  • Permanent Job Offer: You must have a permanent job offer in Saskatchewan with a valid work permit issued by IRCC.
  • Open Work Permit: If you possess an open work permit and your spouse applies for a work permit, the SINP may request proof that both of you are living in Saskatchewan at the time of application.
  • Work Experience: You must have worked for at least 6 months (780 hours) of full-time (30+ hours per week) work experience.
  • Job Approval Letter: You must also produce a Job Approval Letter from the SINP where your employer is registered.

Specific Occupations and Sub-Categories

Licensing & Certification

  • Professions with Licensing Requirements: Proof of eligibility for licensing or certification in Saskatchewan is necessary.

Language Proficiency

  • NOC TEER 0, 1, 2 or 3 occupations: No minimum language proficiency required.
  • NOC TEER 4 or 5 occupations: You must demonstrate language test scores equivalent to the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 4 or higher.

Connection to Saskatchewan

  • Valid Work Permit: Demonstrate a connection to the province through current employment on a valid work permit.
  • Skilled Worker Requirement: Minimum of 6 months as a full-time skilled worker with a Saskatchewan-registered employer.
  • Job Offer & Approval Letter: Both must be provided by the employer.
  • Eligible Positions: You must have an NOC TEER code of 0, 1, 2, or 3 for the Saskatchewan Existing Work Permit sub-category.

Application Process for SINP Existing Work Permit Category

To apply for the SINP Existing Work Permit category, follow these steps:

  • Nomination Approval: You can apply online using the online portal for this program without any application fee.
  • Eligibility for PR: Once nominated, you can apply for Canadian permanent residence (PR).
  • Submission Timeline: You have six months to submit a paper-based PR application.
  • Processing Time: The PR application processing time is approximately 18 months.

How Does ELAAR Guide You?

  1. Expertise: We have the expertise and necessary experience in the Saskatchewan immigration program and help deserving candidates reach their goals.
  2. Support:  Immigration documentation is a comprehensive process, and we help you with all kinds of documentation and online submissions for the Saskatchewan Existing Work Permit sub-category.
  3. Knowledge: We have the latest updates and know the subtleties of the immigration process.
  4. Ethics: Moreover, we work with integrity, transparency and ethical practices.
  5. Integrity and Transparency: Operating with integrity, transparency, and ethical practices.

FAQs: SINP Existing Work Permit

These are frequently asked questions about the SINP Existing Work Permit Category.

What if I have an open work permit?

If you have an open work permit and your spouse was the principal applicant in the work permit application, the SINP may request additional documentation to prove that you and your spouse reside in Saskatchewan.

What if I have consecutive work experience with different employers?

The work experience must be with the employer that provided you with the Job Approval Letter and must be consecutive.

Can I apply if I am a refugee claimant in Canada?

Refugee claimants in Canada who are claiming refugee status from the Government of Canada are not eligible to apply for this sub-category.

Saskatchewan Express Entry Stream

Start Your Saskatchewan Immigration Process

Apply for Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program (SINP) Streams with licensed experts.

Apply for SINP Existing Work Permit

If you’re looking to work in Canada and already have a work permit, we can help you with the application process for the SINP Existing Work Permit category. Our team of licensed Canadian immigration consultants will provide you with comprehensive assistance to ensure that you meet all the requirements and have all the necessary documents.