Saskatchewan Experience: Long-Haul Truck Driver Category

The Saskatchewan government allows immigrating to Saskatchewan in Canada to long-haul truck drivers who have at least 6 months of experience in the province. The Long-Haul Truck Driver Project sub-category is a part of the Saskatchewan Experience Streams of the SINP operated by the Saskatchewan authority.

Eligibility Requirements for SINP Long-Haul Truck Driver Category

As mentioned, this sub-category targets eligible and competent long-haul truck drivers with at least 6 months of driving experience in the province. If you want to apply for this sub-category, you must fulfil the following demands:

  • You must be working for a Saskatchewan-approved trucking firm as a permanent employee on a valid temporary work permit for a minimum six-month period.
  • At the time of application, you must be living in the province.
  • You must fulfil some criteria such as language, work experience, job offer etc.

Connection to Saskatchewan

  • You must work for an employer in Saskatchewan on a valid temporary work permit.
  • You must demonstrate at least 6 months of work experience.
  • For the Food/Beverage Server application, if you are not currently working, you can still apply but you have to produce proof that you worked earlier in the province for at least 6 months as a Food/Beverage server.
  • Moreover, you must have a full-time job offer from an employer based in Saskatchewan.

Work Experience & Job Offer

You must have a minimum of 6 months of full-time work experience as a truck driver with a valid work permit. You also need to produce a Letter of Job Approval from your employer, and your employer must register online to get this letter. In addition, you must have a current Saskatchewan Class 1A driver’s licence.

Connection to Saskatchewan

Like other sub-categories, the Long-Haul Truck Driver sub-category also demands a strong connection with the province. It means you must have a temporary foreign work permit based on a positive LMIA. Your job offer letter and job approval letter from SINP also testify to your connection with the province. Your job offer must be at National Occupational Classification (NOC) TEER Code 73300 as a long-haul truck driver.

Language Proficiency

You must demonstrate your language proficiency in English equivalent to the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or higher.

Orientation & Training

For a foreign worker with a temporary work permit, it is necessary to take an orientation and training program. You must describe your orientation and training program who has provided you and the length of the training period.

Application Process for Saskatchewan Long-Haul Truck Driver

To apply for the Saskatchewan Long-Haul Truck Driver category, follow these steps:

  • Application Submission:  You can apply online using the online portal for this program without any application fee.
  • Notification of Approval:  The SINP will email you if your application is approved and you are chosen for the provincial nomination.
  • Timeframe for PR Application:  You will get six months to submit a paper-based application for permanent residence (PR) to the authority.
  • Processing Duration:  It will take approximately 18 months to process the application.

How Does ELAAR Guide You?

  1. Expertise and Experience: Possessing expertise and necessary experience in the Saskatchewan immigration program to assist candidates in achieving their goals.
  2. Comprehensive Documentation: Offering help with comprehensive immigration documentation processes.
  3. Assistance with Online Submissions: Assisting with documentation and online submissions for the Long-Haul Truck Driver sub-category.
  4. Up-to-date Information: Staying informed with the latest updates and understanding the subtleties of the immigration process.
  5. Integrity and Transparency: Operating with integrity, transparency, and ethical practices.

FAQs: SINP Long-Haul Truck Driver

These are frequently asked questions about the SINP Long-Haul Truck Driver Category.

What type of driver’s license is required for the SINP Long-Haul Truck Driver Project?

You must have a current Saskatchewan Class 1A driver’s licence to be eligible for the program.

What kind of job offer do I need to qualify for the program?

You need a full-time, permanent job offer from an employer that is an approved trucking firm in Saskatchewan.

Saskatchewan Express Entry Stream

Start Your Saskatchewan Immigration Process

Apply for Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program (SINP) Streams with licensed experts.

Book a consultation

Apply for SINP Long-Haul Truck Driver

Receive comprehensive assistance from our licensed Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) for SINP Long-Haul Truck Driver category. We will guide you through the entire application process, ensuring you meet all the eligibility criteria and have all the necessary documentation.